We are currently accepting applications from stall holders for Exeter Vegan Market 2019! We have markets booked for the following dates:
Saturday 19 January
Saturday 16 March
Saturday 25 May
Saturday 20 July
Saturday 14 September
Each market runs from 10-2.30pm at the Corn Exchange, Exeter, Devon EX1 1BW. Pitch fees start from £30 per market (£20 charity).
The market in 2018
We held four markets in 2018 and they were well attended. There is already lots of interest in the first market for 2019 – our Veganuary special on Sat 19th January.
A bit more about the market
We want Exeter Vegan Market to:
- be a celebration of veganism with a relaxed atmosphere, vegan food to try and buy, vegan clothing, toiletries and gifts,
- offer support for new vegans, current vegans and those interested in trying veganism;
- increase awareness of veganism with practical information on why and how to become vegan;
- dispel myths that people have about veganism;
- promote ethical businesses / employers, especially local ones;
- showcase food brands that people may not have encountered;
- help people with food intolerances and allergies discover alternatives to make their lives easier
Promoting the market
- An event is created for each market on Facebook – we circulate this widely to make it viral on Facebook and it is updated regularly as we get closer to the day. We also promote the market through local veggie and vegan facebook pages and groups and run a paid promotion of the event page for each market. Example FB event page: January 2019. We also promote on instagram and twitter.
- We produce leaflets to advertise the event to be circulated via local groups and individuals. It will be put into shops including local health food shops. On the day leaflets will be handed out in the town centre. Large posters will be put up outside the venue.
- We’ll be in touch with local radio to get a radio slot and with local newspapers for coverage.
- The information has been put on Veggies event listing and groups such as The Vegan Society, VegFest and Animal Aid have been asked to circulate the information on their websites.
- For each market we provide a list of stall holders in the run up to each market. This is both to promote all the stall holders and to show visitors what’s on offer. Example listing: October 2018.
- We also ask stall holders to promote the event if they can to help ensure that a large cross-section of people find out about the market and attend.
This is a not-for-profit community event coordinated by Exeter Friends For Animals (EFFA) & Fairfoods. It is organised entirely on a voluntary basis and any profits will be invested in improving future events and donated to Exeter Friends For Animals (EFFA) campaigns.
If you’d like to book a stall please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a bit of info about your stall, ideally before the end of November 2018.